We just finished 3 days of painting 6 of the 7 rooms in the house. Fortunately, we had lots of help from both my mom and sister, so everything went relatively smoothly. There was a bit of worry that the paint in the living room wasn't going to work out, but once the second coat was on everyone breathed a sigh of relief.
Here are some before-and-after pictures.
The living room before:
The living room after:
The dining room (with the kitchen and living room in the background) before:
The dining room after (with new light fixture, too):
I didn't take any pictures of the rooms upstairs, but the changes there are just as dramatic as those downstairs. We also removed carpet from the upstairs, so that means several days of staple pulling ahead. Messy work but at least the floors have been liberated!